Vernon Press author presents symposium at Christie’s
Julie Reiss, editor of Art, Theory and Practice in the Anthropocene (Vernon Press, 2018), will present a symposium on artists’ responses to the environmental crisis at Christie's Education, New York.
The panel discussions will address the following:
- How does contemporary art communicate information about global climate change and its consequences?
- How can art assist in decision making about climate change?
- What methods, materials and processes are among those being utilized by artists?
- How does the context in which we encounter this work impact our response to it?
- How do we gauge its effectiveness?
Confirmed speakers include the artists Janet Biggs, Justin Brice Guariglia and Jenny Kendler. The keynote address will be delivered by Mary Miss. The event will take place on June 11, 2019.
For more information see the event page: https://www.christies.edu/new-york/events/2019/june/the-role-of-art-in-the-environmental-crisis
To order Dr Julie Reiss’s timely book see: https://vernonpress.com/book/492
Page last updated on April 12th 2019. All information correct at the time, but subject to change.