Call for reviewers
Vernon Press invites experts in social sciences or humanities to join our community of reviewers.
As a reviewer, you will play a significant part in ensuring that our publications are of the highest academic quality and at the forefront of research.
Why review for Vernon Press?
There are many benefits to becoming a reviewer for Vernon Press. For example:
• Help fellow scholars develop their work into high-quality and high-impact contributions, whilst establishing your own expertise in the field.
• Be able to read and stay up to date with the latest research in the field.
• Reciprocate professional courtesy at the same time as advancing your career.
• Gain firsthand experience of the publishing process and establish a support network with other researchers within the field.
• Receive a small honorarium ($50) for your first completed review and discounts on all our titles.
• Receive advance notice of exciting publication opportunities and shape the direction of our publishing program.
To join us, you must be an expert and/or professional in one of the areas we publish (see list here) and be prepared to review at least a couple of books per year.
If you are interested in becoming a reviewer, please contact us at
Your message should include your full name, academic affiliation, area(s) of expertise, and either a short biographical statement (approx. 200 words) and/ or a list of publications.
Page last updated on July 17th 2018. All information correct at the time, but subject to change.