Call for Book Chapters: "Translation and Institutional Capacity Development"
Capacity building and institutional development are important notions to successful societies. They are fundamental ingredients of any process of change and transformation affecting individuals, organizations, or societies. Given the evolving dynamic training programs of capacity development, the roles and responsibilities associated with these positions have attached translators to a new field of activities and competencies. Translators can be key players in facilitating the delivery of those training programs that aim to develop institutions' capacities. This is where we want to look at the diversity of activities and roles translators play in the management industry. Translators work at different levels of institutions and have roles of easing the barrier of communication, intercultural mediation, transcreating, language consultancy, and public service translation. The role of language interaction among institutions is in demand, with new unions formed to merge common activities to aid developing capacities and institutions. This, we believe, is a new space that requires research to highlight the use of language mediation in management-developing spheres.
Vernon Press invites book chapter proposals/manuscripts to be included in a forthcoming scholarly volume on translation and institutional capacity development. Chapter contributions are invited on relevant research, practice, theory and/or pedagogy related, but not limited, to:
- Roles translators play in capacity building and institutional development
- Influence of critical engagement in improving performances in institution management
- Engagement of translators in interprofessional spaces
- Translators' acquisition of competencies (organizational or managerial)
- Training-based competencies in institutional settings
- The role of languages in designing training programs and/or co-creation of multinational working spheres
- Adaptive practices and workspaces for translators
- Contribution of translators to institutional planning, management, decision-making, and evaluation.
- Translators' cooperation with all employees and managers of institutions
- Translation and management
- The role of translation in corporate communication, strategic planning, organizational structure.
- New socio-cultural setting that translators hold in developing institutions' management and capabilities of staff.
Proposals should be between 500-700 words and clearly describe the author's thesis, and provide an overview of the proposed chapter's structure. Completed chapters are also welcome. Please email questions and submissions to the editors Dr Mohammed Zagood (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr Hamza Ethelb (email: email@example.com).
Proposal submission deadline: 1 March 2022
Proposal acceptance: 15 March 2022
Chapter submission deadline: 1 May 2022
About the publisher
Vernon Press is an independent publisher of scholarly books in the social sciences and humanities. We work closely with authors, academic associations, distributors, and library information specialists to identify and develop high-quality, high-impact titles.
This proposal is due on March 1st 2022.
Page last updated on October 18th 2021. All information correct at the time, but subject to change.